Oct 3, 2012

My Shoot for Edible Brooklyn



Gorgeous cover shot by Vicky Wasik


In August I received an email from the editor of Edible Brooklyn magazine to shoot a story on Jessica Applestone's favorite Montréal restaurants. Jessica Applestone is the owner of Fleisher's, an oragnic and grass fed butcher shop in NY. She also has a book called The Butcher's Guide to well-raised meat. I met Jessica on a beautiful Saturday in little Italy at Cafe San Simeon (my favourite espresso bar in Montréal) where discussed the day's itinerary. We would have a little stroll through the Jean-Talon Market and then I would be on my own for the rest of the day. I had to photograph a total of eight of Jessica's favourite spots in a few hours. In her beautifully written article she talk about Au Pied De Cochon,  Joe Beef, Liverpool House, Le Filet, Club Chasse et Pêche, Sparrow, L'Avenue, Café Souvenir, Nora Gray, Quinquallerie Dante, Les Touilleurs, Lawrence, Big in Japan, Le Canard Libéré and many more. Here are some photos from the article and a few behind the scenes shot with my iphone. This issue is out now so pickup a copy or download the online version .

Au Pied de Cochon



Burgundy Lion  


Lawrence
 


Les Touilleurs



Caffe San Simeon

St-Viateur Bagel

Behind The Scenes


1 comment: